Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What is the average time it takes to sell a used car privately?

I am selling my 2001.5 Passat GLS 1.8T. It is silver and loaded with black leather, sunroof, 6 CD, premium sound, power everything. It has 89K miles on it, and I have service records of engine cleaning, synthetic oil changes... I even put new shocks/struts, tires, and brakes on in the past 6 months. I am advertised in my local paper and craigslist. How long should it take to seel this thing? It's been two weeks and I've gotten 1 call offering $7000. I need $9K minimum. I'd like to keep the interest local, so I don't want to do cars.com or anything. HELP.What is the average time it takes to sell a used car privately?
Lower the price, and u sell the car.



^

In regards to voting for BEST ANSWER he is referring 2 me.What is the average time it takes to sell a used car privately?
Any item for sale is only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it. If it's priced right, it will sell fast. If it doesn't, you're asking too much.What is the average time it takes to sell a used car privately?
You answered your own question. If the price is right then it will go in a day. If the price is not good then you can hold it till the cows come home. If you only got 1 call, you need to check your price. What you want and what people are willing to pay... them be 2 different things.



Look up the going price at KBB.com and see what is the market value. Many people compare price there first. I know that if I see a car priced much higher than KBB.com I would not even bother calling.



The only cars that are the exception is the collectables. In these cases, it is whatever deal goes down - is the price.





Good Luck



===

Don't forget to vote for the BEST ANSWER - please - whoever it may be.



FACT: You also get +3 points when you vote for BEST ANSWER