Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I tell my son?

Me and my best friend once slept together. It was one time- but nothing in our relationship changed. I was shocked, though, to later discover she was pregnant with my child. Knowing her, she wouldn't have an abortion, since her first child was adopted, and so I promised I would be there for her and the baby. I was true to my word.



We had a beautiful baby boy who she named after me- Ben. We were still really close- as friends, and I was constantly around her house, not only for our son but for her. I do, honestly, love the pair of them to bits.



Only thing is, recently our boy asked if we were %26quot;like James' parents%26quot; (his friend at school) who were divorced. We didn't know what to say. We don't live together but have a good friendship? How do I explain that to my son at such a tender age? He's only just turned seven.How do I tell my son?
Just explain that you both love him very much but the 2 of you make better friends than lovers. No need to paint a huge picture for him. All he really needs to know is that he is loved by both of you and that you 2 both respect and care for each other even if not together.How do I tell my son?
That's a bittersweet problem you have there. I would just be honest with the boy, and say that you two love each other but just have never gotten married.



One question: Why DON'T you marry her?