Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What do you want in a book.?

How much do you want of these:

Description

Romance

Mystery

Cliff Hangers

Fighting

Horror

Sudden Changes in plan.

Shocks

Discoveries.



I would like you to tell me what you would like as these. I am a writer, having published my first book. I am interested with people's opinions. How much Romance do you like in a story? And what kind?

Things like that.

Please answer.

(And even make your own character. I might add it to my story.)

Age:

Height:

Hair color:

Skin color:

Eye color:

Gender:

Name:

Personality:



Thanks.What do you want in a book.?
i like ur whole list

not as much gory horror but the rest is GREAT



what is your book i want to read it!!!!



maybe you could sign it for me lol jk



THANKS good luck with your next bookWhat do you want in a book.?
Romance, but not overly cliche romance.

MYSTERY is a must. And with mystery comes shocks.





Age: 16

Height: 5'2

Hair Color: Orangeish/red (noone ever uses it, its pretty)

Skin Color: Pale with freckles

Eye Color: Bright Green

Gender: girl

Name: Kelly

Personality: Vulnerable, shy, humble and proud







care to critique my book?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?What do you want in a book.?
I don't like too much romance at all! Feels too much now like most books are centered entirely on the romance. There is romance everywhere and it no longer feels natural. Shocks are good, but only one per story. I like descriptions of things too :) Horror is ok but not just for horror's sake; I like it to feel like it's there for a reason.What do you want in a book.?
description is important, but not so much that it gets boring and overbearing.

Romance is not always key. if the last book had romance, dont put as much or no romance in this one

Mystery is a must. you can't just have things laid out in front of you life a blueprint

NO! I do not like cliff hangers unless it's a series.

Fighting is a must, whether verbal or otherwise.

I don't like horror so i'm kind of biased. I think you should have some thrill in there but not AHHH!!

Shocks are the BEST part of a book. make sure there are lots of them in there!

Discoveries are good if you want to advance in your book!



16

5'6''

Blonde

White (but tan)

Blue, green and brown (blue on outside, green inside, and brown around the pupil)

Female

Kara

Very nice and sweet, but with a temper if angered.



I hope this helps!!! :DWhat do you want in a book.?
I like a little romance. I like the books where the hero/heroine really has to test their strengths. where sometimes they feel alone and hopeless and feel likke the world is on their shoulders but somehow, they pull through. (A great and terrible beauty is a good example)



i love discreet(sp?) foreshadowing. the kind where you know the answers and you had everything you needed you just couldnt put 2 and 2 together. :) like in harry potter, he held the locket in book 5 and didnt realize it till book 7. i looove that stuff!



i love HUGE shockers. not outrageous ones that have nothing to do with the story but.. just.. shockers. :)



I dont like IN DEPTH descriptions. then it cant stretch my imagination. Everyone sees different things in their imaginations by the things described in the book. I like to make it sort of my own too and if theres too many description it doesnt become personal to me anymore. does that make sense?



i like fighting. :) more with words though. i love it when people just say the right thing and no one can make a good come back. (HP7 with voldemort and harry at hogwarts)



cliffhangers drive me nuts. hahaha. but a good nuts!



Character...

Age: 18

Hair: Brown

Skin: Pale

Eye: Blue Green

Gender: Female

Name: ...

Personality: the heroine i was talking about above...