Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??

I used to be able to walk from one job into another seamlessly - however, as I have been where I am for a wee while I am shocked to see that Job Centre Plus/Local Paper and the Local Council all have so little opportunities available - anyone else find this or is this just specific to my area - Scotland??I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
i work in construction and i'm shocked by the job prospects. i know the main reason is because of the developers and the job agencies they are both greedy rotten bastards by keeping the job competition high they can keep the wages down. skilled people such as myself getting no better than minimum wage. well see how long it takes for them to come crawling back to the locals when the immigrants go home after they've milked the place dry. its not just scotland or britain but ireland is getting it as well. these are seriously desperate times. but there are far too many agencies its about time they were pulled into line. or shut down! its not the immigrants fault but they should be getting the standard going rate the same as the local tradesmen. foreign brickies and joiners getting minimum wage no wonder the locals are undercutting each other. an agency rep once told me they had to hire from outside as there wasnt much native skilled labour, what! in ireland? half my mates and family are all still in ireland trying to get a wage from their trades. its a friggin joke but i'm not laughingI am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
Yes very much so, you know I can recall the days when you could leave work on Friday and start a new one on Monday not anymore sadly.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
Jobs are still ten a penny.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
yes, the times are changing but that could be because we are in a recession and business are closing down all over, you better stick to the one you have and pray not to be laid offI am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
Call centres and Asda are always recruiting.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
I no the feeling well, i started looking for a new job in november and finally I start my new job on the 31st of this month (yay) im from liverpool by the way!



my only advice keep trying and searching, in the end i signed up with a recruitment agency and i got a job through themI am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
It's the whole of the UK.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
come to , alberta, canada...some places like restaurants etc. have to close certain hours for lack of staff, other businesses are short-handed. But the problem here is that when people want to come to work there is no housing for them, or at least affordable housing.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
Why not work for yourself? Have a look at this:



http://www.breathefreedom.com/



Good luck!I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
perhaps you need to look at being self employed/freelance/home working etc.

it's tough.but can be rewarding.you are

the boss!I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
I totally agree with your comment. However, you'll be surprised about what jobs are available by doing a quick search on Google.



You'll find some useful tutorials on Youtube on ways of finding great jobs.I am looking to change jobs - is anyone else shocked by how little work there is available these days!??
It depends on what your skills are. There are over 600,000 vacancies unfilled (ONS) every month.

Construction, Hotels and Catering, Driving and Logisitics and Secretarial positions are the industries suffering the most.

Maybe you could retrain?



We are always looking for good people in the recruitment industry. Try posting your CV on CV library or Monster or look at www.plumjobs.com or http://info.plumjobs.com



Good luck, and don't give up
  • How often do you wash your bed sheets
  • xp
  •