Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do you know how to change a tire?

I received a flat the side wall just blew on my way to work. I called and said I was going to be late; then changed the tire.



When I got to work I was surrounded by curious coworker asking me what is it like?



I work with students 16-23 plus my supervisor (mid-40's). None of them know how to change a TIRE! I was shocked! I asked them why they all replied Daddy, Husband, or AAA.



My father would not allow me to get a licence with out knowing how to rotate tires.Do you know how to change a tire?
I don't know how. But I know a lot of people that do. I wish I knew. Maybe I'll ask someone to show me how.Do you know how to change a tire?
YeahDo you know how to change a tire?
No but Triple A does.Do you know how to change a tire?
My husband taught me so I'd never be stranded. After changing one, a realized I prefer AAA. They're faster.Do you know how to change a tire?
i know how and have done it several times... but the best is when it happens to go flat on the side of the road.. and i get out the spare and the jack, and some guy stops and offers to do it for me...lmao..... i know how and am perfectly capable, but hey they are being nice, who am i to say no?Do you know how to change a tire?
I know how to change one but I've never had to yet.Do you know how to change a tire?
where i come from, if you cant change a tire you cant drive!Do you know how to change a tire?
Good for you...I think it should be part of the driving test and a requirement for getting a license!!!Do you know how to change a tire?
no i don't and really don't want to learn i hate getting dirty and i always have someone i can call to help me i mean that's why you pay for AAADo you know how to change a tire?
Yup. My dad taught each of his three daughters how to change a tire, check the oil, add oil, windshield washer fluid, add air to tires, etc. He didn't want us to be in a situation where we couldn't help ourselves with such simple things. My kids will all learn before they are allowed to drive, too!!Do you know how to change a tire?
I know how to change a tire. I've actually had to change a few. Last time no one stopped to help me, out on the highway, in the winter. Actually some guy did stop eventually, but I was done already. So much for gallantry.



Most girls I know don't have a clue how to change a tire and just have a cell phone so they can call someone. I can't say for most guys, but I'd say over 50% would know what to do.



It should be taught when you get your driver's licence, or at least like you say from your parents or a family member.



What shocks me is that no one reads the owners manual from the car they own. There is so much information in there that people should know. Read it!!



Actually if people read the manual, it tells you how to change a tire. So worst case you can always learn on the fly.Do you know how to change a tire?
Yes definately! It always astounds me how many people both male and female that don't know how to though!

I have made sure that when my children get their licences that they at least have basic knowledge. Change a tire check their oil and water etc. Also to carry jumper leads so that they can jump start a car if they have to.Do you know how to change a tire?
I can do it but I'm not sure if I can do it properly. It's probably safer for me to call AAA.Do you know how to change a tire?
no i dont