Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you remove the backseat from a 1989 mercedes 560sel. I need to change out the shocks. Thx?

I have googled this question and looked for a repair manual, but no luck. I can get the lower part of the seat out and removed two bolts for the back, but still can't get the seat removed. It is a electric seat. Thanks for any help you may give me. I really don't want to pay a shop for what is normally a simple job af changing out shocks.How do you remove the backseat from a 1989 mercedes 560sel. I need to change out the shocks. Thx?
There is a release at the bottom of the part that u sit on. Where the carpet and the seat meet.How do you remove the backseat from a 1989 mercedes 560sel. I need to change out the shocks. Thx?
after you have lifted the lower part of the seat look for the bolts which support the back rest they are 2 or 3 i cant remember then you just have to (knock it UP) it's a bit hard but it will come out.