Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change the shocks on an 03 ford ranger?

I have a 2003 ford ranger with a 3'' body lift and 32's. It came like this, so I'm not sure if the torsion bars have been changed. But the ride is way too bumpy and shocks seem stiff. I want to get new ones to make it ride really comfortable on the road. I don't offroad with it often. Is it easy enough and worth it to do it myself and save a bit of money? Do I need both front and rear shocks? And what kind would make it ride the best?



Thank youHow do you change the shocks on an 03 ford ranger?
Chances are your front torsion bars have been cranked up for more lift. I would turn the adjustment bolts out to lower it a little bit to make it a softer ride.How do you change the shocks on an 03 ford ranger?
depending how rusty your truck is its not a bad job to do yourself,also if you have a clue to working on cars is of much needed ease.i have found on the front shocks top nut,was to tightn nut till it snaps(brakes off) this will save much time on removal plus you get new ones with the shocks(nuts)change all 4 shocks for the best ride quality.How do you change the shocks on an 03 ford ranger?
I bought a 07 XLT new and had a stiff ride as well. The shocks are heavy duty gas and the tires were light truck tires. I bought set of custom rims and P metric radials and that soften the ride. I asked around and there aren't any more oil filled shocks being sold. If you have a lift kit then stock shock wont work to solve the problem.