Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?

I am changing the shocks/struts on my 2002 Mountaineer and the coil springs are shock mounted. I don't want to buy a fancy spring compressor just to do this once, does anyone know a redneck way to compress the springs?How do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
There really is no safe alternative to compressing a coil spring with

that much tension. A trip to the emergency room will reveal that the

back yard shade tree method did not work. Rent the Tool is a cheap

alternative to medical bills.How do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
Yeah,I do know a way,but I won't tell you,and if anyone else here has any common sense,they will tell you the same thing.It's not worth the risk.If you don't want to buy the proper tool to do the job,pay someone to do it.At least you'll be alive to ***** about it.How do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
There are several ways to do that, but most are very unsafe.



Many Auto Parts stores will rent you a spring compressor for very little or no cost. That is what I would do in your shoes.



Good luckHow do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
If you don't want to die I would recommend finding a spring compressor to borrow or rent one!How do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
Put them on a vise and then use big C-clamps to secure them in place and move them. I dunno...just a guess. You may wanna check and see if that would damage the springs to any degree. Good LuckHow do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
They rent or loan spring compressors at some rental places or shopsHow do I compress a coil spring without a spring compressor?
listen to Jack.
  • how to break up with a girlfriend
  • dvr
  •