Thursday, June 2, 2011

Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?

I was in a relationship w/a woman for 5 yrs, then on and off for a couple more. Our problems were mostly related to personal health %26amp; family circumstances at various times, but we've remained friends %26amp; in contact. In years past, she's been more the pursuer, wanting a serious relationship again. I've been unsure. We've both had other brief relationships, none serious. She recently got involved in one of these 'infatuations' a little too fast, right before I came back to town after a time away finally feeling ready to be committed to her. My change of heart shocked her, but she was immediately sure she wanted to be with me. Problem is that she now feels guilty about hurting new gf (of 5 wks), who she's made to feel secure because she didn't think I'd come back to her. She plans to break it off w/other woman today, but just asked me, %26quot;Soooo, when I break it off w/Jane, what do you expect of me?%26quot; (meaning how serious was I about her REALLY). She claims not to see why that would annoy me.Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?
This is not going to work out. Its as obvious as day.Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?
whoa...yeah you have a right to address all of your feelings.Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?
History is the best indicator of the future.Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?
I feel sorry for the innocent woman in all this mess and that is NOT you and is NOT your ex. You two are playing games with love and I predict you will both end up miserable and unhappy if you don't stop these silly games.



She has a right to ask you what you expect but it is pathetic that she is considering stringing this other person along 'just in case' - neither of you seem to have any idea what a realionship is about our how to work out problems.



You BOTH need to sit down and have a good long talk about what you expect and what the future holds.



Good luck but I don't see it working out very well you have already damamged the core relationship too much to save it easily now - and that is what you both seem to want easy fixes!Okay am I being too sensitive, or was this question offensive under the circumstances?
You have been in an off-again-on-again relationship for years with this gal, where it appears she has been more interested than she. She now has a relationship that you are asking her to replace with a relationship with you. How can you blame her for wanting to be sure you are for real? It sounds like you have been in and out of her life, and she has always been the one wanting a relationship, not you. It's a bit self righteous of you to expect her to just drop everything and believe in you if you havent been emotionally available in the past. I think she has every right to make sure of your intentions. Does it annoy you because you are unsure yourself? Beware of transfering your emotions and doubts onto her.