Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chevy S-10 Should i get this?

Okay so today I went and looked at a S-10 for sale in Chicago. The only thing I am worried about is that when i was test-driving it I got stuck at a dead end and when I started to do my 3 point turn, I could hear the drivers side wheel rubbing up against something. It doesn't happen while moving though. So I asked the guy about that and he said the shocks were going and it seems like that would make sense because the passengers side was quite a bit higher up than the drivers side. So my question is are adjusting the shocks or changing them pretty easy? And if it is difficult how much would it cost to get it done at the shopChevy S-10 Should i get this?
Shocks can figure into the how high your car sets. If it has air shocks you can air them up and it will raise your car up. If it doesn't have air shocks it would seem it has other issues. It could also be the tires may be larger than was on it from the factory and as long as you are driving down the road you are ok but if you make a sharp turn or maybe on a hump on the road the tires hit the fender wells causing the rubbing. As for installing shocks if you can do minor auto repair you can put a set of shocks on.Chevy S-10 Should i get this?
Shocks have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the ride height of the vehicle. Shocks ONLY control spring oscillations--period. If the ride height is low, the springs are shot. And yes, I would be very concerned that the wheels rubbed when turning.