Thursday, June 2, 2011

How bad is the service at your local hospital?

I was just at a hospital that used to be exceptional in the way it treated patients, but things have changed and I am shocked. I was in accident and emergency and told I could see a doctor if I waited two hours, which is acceptable. I waited 3 hours and was called in, which again to me is reasonable. I saw a nurse who said this wasn't an emergency and to wait in the treatment room to see a doctor. I waited and another nurse came in and said I should go to the main waiting room again as it wasn't an emergency and wait to be called again. I asked how long this was likely to be and I was told another 4 hours. This is not so acceptable, no major incidents had come in and I had already been there 3 hours plus the time I waited in the treatment room. This was the hospital who would assess and treat patients effectively and efficiently, so what happened? What are your hospitals like? My story is just about wasting my life waiting but what has happened to you?How bad is the service at your local hospital?
My local hospital is small and I have nothing but praise for all of the departments. I am a nurse and trust me if it wasn't up to par I would not say it was. When you visit urgent care or ER you are treated in minutes not hours here. When you are in the hospital they are prompt at answering call lights and if anything is not right they do try to get to the bottom of the problem and get back to you. I would consider that you write to the CEO of this hospital and tell them about your experience so they can investigate what is going on and make changes. The only way the higher ups know there is a problem is if you let them know what happened.How bad is the service at your local hospital?
its not as bad as that!!How bad is the service at your local hospital?
My Dad had to get an operation on his leg about five months ago. After about 2 months of getting it done, the cuts werent healing, and he found out there were still stiches in it. he went back to the hospital, and saw the doctor who did it, and he found out that instead of using the dissolving stiches inside his cut they had accidently used proper ones. Just last week, he found another stich in it. I think its quite shocking, that he is still finding stiches from an operation that took place 5 months ago. Also, its terrible that they accidently used the wrong kind of stitches, I didn't think that a surgeon would make that kind of mistake.How bad is the service at your local hospital?
I pity any one working in or relying upon a hospital these days.



You can't get treatment at our local Hospital, they just leave you on the waiting list until your ops due then cancel it and put you back to the end claiming you weren't available at the time.How bad is the service at your local hospital?
mines horribal i went there coz i broke my foot and the doctor was talking to me about curing my bladder infection. I was like oh i didnt know broken feet caused bladder infections, there seriously dumb thereHow bad is the service at your local hospital?
Had a similar experience when I went with my wife the other week. It turned out that the delay wasn't caused by a major incident, but by a couple of in-patients that had taken a turn for the worse at the same time and were in a life or death situation.

I have nothing but praise for the staff in hospitals, perhaps the one thing that could be improved (given that they will never be fully staffed) is the communications. I think most people would be OK if they just knew what was going on.How bad is the service at your local hospital?
i have no complaints about my local hospital as i gave birth to my son there an i recieved alot of help an commitment from the staff,however a lady in the next room giving birth was just in her final stages of pushing an the bed collapsed from under her,luckily the midwife caught her an the baby !!!!How bad is the service at your local hospital?
My local hospital has a reputation for long delays; but a few months ago, I collapsed at home - a stroke was suspected - my daughter drove me to the A%26amp;E, and wheeled me in; I was seen and triaged witin 10 minutes, and brought immediately into the emergency room, and put on a drip. However, I waited 13 hours to be admitted, and to get a bed...in the meantime, the A%26amp;E ward filled up with the Saturday night drunks...one puked on the floor right beside me...at this stage, I decided anything was better than lying on a trolley with this going on, and I told staff I was going home.....suddenly a bed was found for me!

I felt they were too busy to listen to me properly; I was lucky to have got a doctor who knew his stuff and made a correct diagnosis - Meunieres disease with severe vertigo. I would not attend A%26amp;E for a minor ailment, as the average waiting time for minor ailments is eight hours!How bad is the service at your local hospital?
The Nearest Hospital Has

Alot Of Rasist, So It Depends

On The Person That Attends You.

But It's Pretty Bad, Everytime I Have

To Go To A Hospital, I Always Go To

Lake Forest Hospital, [A Few Miles Away].How bad is the service at your local hospital?
I do not blame you for being fed up !!! I would be... but

I have to say, my General Hospital in Cumbria is , I think,

exceptional.......as an older person, I have had occasion

to visit 4 time over the past two years, and have only found

efficiency and politeness !!!How bad is the service at your local hospital?
I cant complain about our local hospital it serves a big area in the valleys in South Wales

So we have to wait but that's understandable because its so busy, but you get treated and with respect .

The staff are pleasant and seem to work long hoursHow bad is the service at your local hospital?
hi two years ago my father was suffering severe stomach pains, he waited on a trolley in the corridor for six hours, within that time he was given an x ray, examined by a junior doctor, told he had constipation even though his bowel on the xray was clear and 10 hours later he died all because the hospital were too busy to detect a stomach anereusm. i then had my daughter in january 07 by c - section, i had to leave my bed six hours later after i had, had her and beg the midwives to get me some food to feed her as everytime i pressed the buzzer i was ignored, i had to beg for them to change the sheets as they were dirty where i had leaked, 1 and a half days after surgery i was discharged. i felt i had no help and support when my family were not there.they were looking after other womens children through the night who had problem free labour and after a hard traumatic labour forced to fend for myself.so the service at my local hospital is a bad standard from my personal view