Thursday, June 2, 2011

If I could exude my own plant odor, it would be the scent I smell from Cimiciguga racermosa.?

I planted one in my clients garden, but some of the mature blooms died back, maybe from the shock of moisture change in soil.



But it is back in full stride, with smaller buds. I just hope it does its magic, because this plant drives my nostrils crazy and fills my brain up with desire.



I could only afford to purchase one, and it looks a bit lonely. Any suggestions on how to make one of my most favored plants to farm out quickly?



My second favorite scent, btw, is clove (a bit more manly).



And, I undersand there is a new anti-deer spray which smells like cloves (I heard about it on Public Radio). Supposedly it works wonders.



I recall you spray it on new foliage and it grows with the new foliage and holds the scent for as long as the foliage is alive. Deer hate it (amongst other pests). I never learned the name or its maker but I am interested in more details from those who 'nose' about it.



Ok, I'm getting too silly.



But thanks in advance for your response.If I could exude my own plant odor, it would be the scent I smell from Cimiciguga racermosa.?
I always plant jasmine or honeysuckle right outside my window so I can smell it at night. Gardenia is nice too, and lilacIf I could exude my own plant odor, it would be the scent I smell from Cimiciguga racermosa.?
First, let's spell it right: Cimicifuga racemosa (Black cohosh). Cimicifuga ramosa atropurpurea, its first cousin, is an even lovelier perennial and its price reflects its beauty!



Sadly, I don't recall sniffing mine when it was in bloom. I do love the bizarre, exotic scent of the gas plant. Old-fashioned nicotiana has a lovely smell that lasts all summer once it begins to bloom. Did you notice that all plant scents are more powerful after the sun goes down?



Oh, propagation...if you saved seed, e-mail me and I'll look up propagation techniques.
  • heal yellowing toenails
  • tvs
  •